Follow me on twitter

Monday, January 16, 2012

My Soul to Lose 4 Stars

     I've decided to start my challenge by re-reading My Soul to Lose because it takes place before the events in My Soul to Take which is the first book in the series. I wouldn't really call anything I do a "review" I could just call it my take on the book, my opinion of the characters, the story line & events & what I liked and didn't like. I never agree with "reviews" of books, movies, music or movies or anything that is really based in the writer's opinion. I like what I like & don't like what I don't like.

   So, that nonsense said, here goes.
I really liked this short story. It perfectly sets up what will come in the rest of the series. Do you have to read My Soul to Lose before reading My Soul to Take? No, but it will enhance My Soul to Take and also another book or two down the line. I don't want to give away any spoilers.
     Kaylee is not exactly a typical teenager and that's what I like about her. She isn't the most popular girl in school but she is friends with the prettiest and wildest girl in school. Kaylee suffers from panic attacks that aren't the "norm" she sees things she feels things and senses things all which make her think she is crazy and the doctors think she needs medication. What else could they think, right? Her Aunt and Uncle seem to care about her well being, but they are also hiding something from her, something big.

    I think most teenagers will identify with the feelings of no one understanding you and most adults will remember those days of feeling like no one understood us. The cycle never ends does it?
 
    Something to learn from this book is be honest with those that you love in life and every one's life will be better for it. It may be hard at times but no one's life is perfect, except maybe Barbie!

   Always believe in the magic of life

No comments:

Post a Comment