Follow me on twitter

Thursday, January 26, 2012

5 stars to My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

I'm not exactly skilled at "reviewing" things. Which could be part of my poor english grades in school! I do love to read & discuss what I've read so I hope evenutally I'll get better at this. My Soul to Take was a re-read for me and I got to tell ya, it was even better the second time. This as an easy book to get into and an easy read for people who are just getting into reading. It has the whole package, a likeable heroine, hot guys, intrigue, romance, comedy. What's not to like?

Kaylee thinks she may be nuts and so does her BFF Emma but like any good BFF she doesn't make fun of her for it she helps to hide it from everyone else. Nash, the hottest guy in school, doesn't think she is nuts, he thinks she is beautiful. Nash tells Kaylee that she isn't human, and neither is he, and that she isn't nuts, she isn't having panic attacks she is predicting someone's death. (she takes it really well by the way)
Someone is killing beautiful, young, vibrant girls and Kaylee doesn't buy that it was their time to die, she thinks it was murder. With the help of Tod, a friend of Nash's, they figure out that the murderer isn't human either. Then the murderer goes after Emma and Kaylee pulls out all the stops. (no one messes with her BFF and gets away with it) Eventually the murderer winds up at Kaylee's house and it takes her whole family along with Nash's family to save Kaylee's obnoxious cousin Sophie. The murderer is still at large but that just makes for good drama!

My favorite lines from the book:
Kaylee: "You take lives for a living" pg 112

Aiden: "You died, right there on the side of the road, with snow melting in your hair." (this quote was heart wrenching to read) pg 191

Kaylee's narraiting: My cousin glanced at each of us in turn, like we'd all lost our minds, and sanity was getting lonely. pg 198 (I know I've looked at people and thought the same & others have looked at me like this)

Well, that's all folks. Next I'll give My Soul to Save a re-read. Till then, always belive in the magic of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment